Almost at my mid-sixties
I have relented once again
To the call of motherhood
But this time and for the
Very first time, I am mommy
To a soft-pawed feline critter
Yuzu, though far from citrusy
Is bumpily cute and quite naughty
Hiding behind curtains he is
Inscrutable, always half alert
Biding his time to the moment
He’ll leap to the kitchen counter
He daily stars in suspense stories
Sniffing out every nook trying to
Climb impossible indoor crannies
But all he truly longs for is the
Day I see as him as adult enough
To go chase butterflies and birds.

such a warm poem and what a lovely name.. Yuzu
ReplyDeleteYuzu's beautiful! My girlfriend and I recently adopted two cats as well. Not our first cats, but this was the first time I got to experience the early weeks of getting to know each other.
ReplyDeleteYuzu chan is beautiful! Is he a "hachiware"?
ReplyDelete