Monday, April 20, 2026



 I wanted to go jogging but it looked like rain.

The skies were blue as blue could be but

You could see this little white stain. 

I looked for opportunity but I clearly looked

In vain before my nap, after high tea and

Between loungings on the sofa watching

Afternoon TV. I couldn’t find my knees 

Because of all the pain, my back refused

To budge my brain forgot to brain. I swear

I’ll venture out again but should it not be

Possible for some very good reason I’ll be 

Sure to take the time to make a meme to 

Explain.

7 comments:

  1. ha ha! so many of my days! My brain forgot to brain :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delightful, Giti. And cheeky of you to throw in some Gen Z lingo in there. Love this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh no did the gen z creep in?!! :D its the being surrounded by the young people wot dun it!

      Delete
  3. :-) I love the excuses, partly because it sounds like me before my physio exercises - but I am going to try the unique "the brain forgot to brain". :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. "brain forgot to brain" could become motto of my life!
    Delightful poem!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you have captured my day and for good measure, the zeitgeist

    ReplyDelete