This coyness, lady, were no crime.”
I told my Muse, quoting lines from Marvel
and she said, “Oh yes, we have enough world
we do, but that time’s running out – it’s true!”
“So, what shall we then present as today’s poem?”
I asked and she said, “What does it matter?
You’ll soon enough be dead!”
No “Coy Mistress” this and how clearly she
isn’t about to even blow me a kiss!
She sees me watching her lips and walks
gaze turned away, coolly swaying her hips.
She knows so well I’m dangling at her feet
and holding my breath – for every sign wrangling.
Oh, she sees me swinging between heart and head
holding out for everything that’s said and unsaid.
Such, dear reader, is the poet’s predicament
that even her Muse doesn’t pretend to hear her vent!
If today, these lines do not a poem make
blame it on the Muse for this poet’s sake!
Haha Charu- Marvel would have enjoyed this and Donne would have thought you very clever:))
ReplyDelete