No verse with image to imbue, dear reader
See that peacock perched on the distant coconut tree
That the bird could fly so high who knew, dear reader
My mind is vacant as the summer sky of clouds
It cannot from old draw out the new, dear reader
When I sat down to tease some poetry from the air
I only found dryness, no morning dew, dear reader
Love, longing, loss, death and despair are dark
No words I can find of lighter hue, dear reader
Listed out in all depth and detail on a digital screen
My daily tasks are in an endless queue, dear reader
Days like this I sit still and wait for words
Did you hear that kitten mew, dear reader
Charu-Khepi wanted to gift you a ghazal this evening
Her poetic sensibilities vanished on cue, dear reader
So lovely and the rhythm is beautiful too. Thank you for this, Charu.
ReplyDeleteLove, love, love this, Charu! It reads so effortless and I had to marvel how you kept on topic while staying faithful to the form. More please!
ReplyDelete