Sunday, April 26, 2026

Gorkhabasti, 79 Tilla, Vip Road, Secretariat, Agartala-799010

There's a restaurant called 'Food Delight'

That goes easy on the masala

It has four seater tables on the right

It's in Gorkhabasti at Agartala


All momos come with soup

Both steamed and fried

On the left, the tables seat two

Both sit on the same side


The tables face the counter

And give a view of the kitchen inside

The prices could've been way amount-er

And guests would take it in their stride


Your mouth waters as you wait

The food takes a few moons

No 'friend', no 'date' you're with a bench mate

Students ready for your 'lehsuns'


You won't get to stare into her eyes

But you can share a bowl 

The meal is about literal 'spice'

And a shared desire to nourish the soul


So bring a gang and sit on the right 

For the left, come alone with an appetite

And if at all you have someone to bring

Only get those who make you look forward to things





 

3 comments:

  1. I can't tell you how much I love this. So well crafted; "The food takes a few moons" and "Students ready for lehsuns" are gems. And I'm hungry now; I want a seat at that table. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Bhaswati, so glad it could make you hungry that was the whole point (hence the address in the title haha!) I had so much fun writing it. :)

      Delete
    2. I'm noting down that address, thank you. :)

      Delete