If glass jars could hold words, mine
Would meet the sheer walls of
Reflection and shine, gold in the day
Silver all night. Your plants would
Know how to make my words
Grow from single notes into lines
Of music like poets singing the morning
So practiced that kettles whistle
And birds rise; a sunrise of eyes
Meeting each letter in recognition,
And our mothers materialise out of
Memory and desire. (See how old
Poets conspire to to speak in our
Tongues!) if glass jars could hold
My words I would sit happily among
The paraphernalia of your days
Quickening to life or melting to stone
Never alone.
Tuesday, April 28, 2026
For Charu, with Bhaswati
Labels:
Giti Chandra
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh wow! Thank you, Giti... You have made my day!
ReplyDeleteLove the images in this beautiful poem...
One more for the keeping surely
Much love
Uff, and mine, Giti. A superlative poem; every line a gift, wrapping into (and opening) a new one. This poem feels like a group hug. I'm saving it as a screenshot. Thank you from the core of my heart. :-)
DeleteYes!!! Group hugggg it is
Deletea group hug is exactly the feeling I had when reading your poems! We really do write and read and listen and see together - such a gift <3
DeleteA gift indeed... Very precious. I will miss being so much on the blog after this month... Glad to be connected with you all however
Delete