Friday, April 10, 2026

My Museum of Lost Earrings

terracotta, painted bottle green
medium sized and delicate
a black bead hanging at the end

beaten brass sheet shaped like a leaf
handmade, once missing a hook
now missing in full

danglers in pink paper rolled
made by a friend who'd learnt
the craft to cope with loss

tiny gold coloured triangles
hanging loose from tinier red triangles
bought on a day I’d met friends now estranged  

a silver jhimki crushed by a moving vehicle
retrieved from the road
repaired but missing its pair

damaged, imperfect yet whole
their sparkle gone but stories intact
the exhibits in my museum of lost earrings

5 comments:

  1. I can't tell you just how much I love this. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. personal objects carry so much connection, no.. maybe that's why we all feel it

      Delete
  2. This is so poignant, so light, so brimming with stories :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :-) it has been with me for long.. the images (and the earrings).. feel like I might work more on it after a bit..
      thank you

      Delete
  3. Oh this poem is delightful! This is the story of earrings and also, buttons, pins, necklace stones... Thank you!

    ReplyDelete