Friday, April 10, 2026

Daily Riyaaz

I used to think that poetry was not for me

Anannya convinced me otherwise

Now I wonder what would April be

Without this practice, that's not

as it once seemed, the setting down of words

It's the attending to, the being caught

by something seen, or hardly seen

that grammar can barely hold

Mist rising from the stream

of consciousness, 

the words the X

that marks the spot,

no more than that.



7 comments:

  1. “..the being caught
    by something seen, or hardly seen
    that grammar cannot hold”

    How perfectly your poem holds what cannot be held, Gitanjali!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "mist rising from the stream of consciousness" - ah, so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is marvellous, and, to echo Jayasree, you've spoken for so many of us and captured the ineffability of the poetic process with such eloquence.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! And echoing what so many of us might want to say to ADG and DR <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I thank Anannya, and all of you, I love reading the poems and being read.

    ReplyDelete