I turned to writing poetry in
An attempt to make sense of
A dizzying world, trying to craft
Metaphor and sometimes even
Metre, hoping that the cadence
Would bring something to light
But increasingly I find that the
World exceeds all the ways
I try to speak about it so that
Every metaphor I come up with
Is too small to contain meaning
Though I feel compelled to try
It is perhaps time to just allow a
Cluster of word pebbles to settle
In the depth of crevasses within
And feel how the weight of each
Expands or contracts the waves
Of resonance in my internal tides.
I also feel a similar frustration, Jayasree. Words often feel meaningless, giving all that's going on around us. But how elegantly you've expressed it. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteThank you Bhaswati. I find myself struggling to keep up with Daily Riyaaz as a sense of heaviness pervades my being. But I must say there is catharsis in writing and, of course, in reading all lovely poems here. And the reading helps me see that the core of inner joy may feel veiled, but is never actually dimmed.
DeleteThe helplessness described becomes a poem in itself.. thank you
ReplyDeleteRelated much to word pebbles
So well expressed. Thank you for this.
ReplyDeleteI too loved the "word pebbles".