Wednesday, April 1, 2026

Eggs of Benediction

The algorithm had a breakfast reel 
for me this morning. Croissant sandwich 
with crème fraiche, salmon and 
beluga caviar, topped with sprigs of dill.

The host hoists it to his mouth 
and bites in. Oozing cream
sticks to the sides of his lips that he 
hastily wipes before speaking.

In the grip of flavours and textures
eyes glazing over, he recovers enough to 
describe a gustatory heaven: Oh Wow! 

Awakened to wonder in a far-away palate
the rim of the coffee mug at my lips, I smell
the instant coffee: Mmmm! 



6 comments:

  1. Such deliciousness! Every line felt like having an actual bite of what's being described. A sensory feast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmm! What she said. And hurrah :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both! Insta food reels are ruining me :) What she said indeed 😂

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I can smell the coffee decoction even as I read this sensory feast. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This makes me super hungry, whenever I read it. You have totally written all the tastes, smells, and textures into this one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like a good masala omelette, I always relish a playful title like that! And like others have said, I can really picture that reel in my eye, down to the host's reaction.

    ReplyDelete