It is almost over now the season. Quick!
Write me a poem I can store in a glass jar
something that will catch the light on the shelf
that the jar sits with two succulents hanging for dear life
yet not willing to let go. I do not know what makes a succulent’s
life tick but not so with a poem. I will water it with my eyes
and let its words touch my lips, every single day.
I will savour its flavours whether the day is dull or bright.
Write me a poem for the keeping, won’t you, dear poet?
The season is almost over now. Quick!
Tuesday, April 28, 2026
The season of poetry
Labels:
Charumathi
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
done! :D thank you for this, Charu <3
ReplyDeleteSo happy making this is.. thank you so much, Giti
DeleteSo lovely, Charu! Thank you for all the poems you've written for us!
ReplyDeleteThanks for all the encouragement, Dear Charu.
ReplyDelete