The word was first used in 1916
OMG – who knew!
And someone in the 1960s
found it Laugh Out Loud funny
that a Little Old Lady was – what
maybe crossing the road?
Years later, they find LOL
outdated as also ROFL
or ROFLMAO and just punch in
a face – calling it an emoticon
because it does all the laughing
sometimes blinking and rolling its eyes
tearing up in sheer amusement it cannot
feel, in proxy for a person who can feel
who can laugh but would like to do so
without moving a single facial muscle.
In case you feel like calling me a poetaster
for writing verse on such inanities
please know that I could then
call you a criticaster too.
This made me chuckle, Charu, especially the last line. With a teen as a niece, this is particularly relatable. :-)
ReplyDeleteThank you ❣️ and the fun thing is those words are old but used now on phones and social media
DeleteThis is delightfully funny. I had to look up the history of criticaster. 17th century!
ReplyDelete😁 ya I had fun looking up the words too
DeleteThank you Geethanjali ❣️
Delete