Monday, April 20, 2026

maybe I am a paper boat

maybe I am a paper boat
not very symmetrical but special
figment of a child’s imagination
made hastily from handy materials
floated playfully in seasonal waters
cheered on and bringing cheer to
children and adults on a dreary day
and when the storm passes maybe
I will reach the mud, be taken in
and then slowly find my anchor

maybe I am a paper boat

 

2 comments:

  1. So lovely, cheery and then the metaphor, so subtle. Thank you, Charu. It brings so much to me on a hot and humid day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Geethanjali :-)
      Waiting for the pre monsoon rains to arrive, I have been thinking so much of the paperboats we made as children. It did not bother us that those boats were sure to be wrecked and that too mostly in front of our eyes.. We were so happy to make them and float them anyway :-) Miss that courage and detachment

      Delete