Friday, April 17, 2026

Little Bar of Soap

 

The bar soap I use 

to wash myself

is a shade of pink 

that is almost cute 


I dropped it today 

and flinched a little


Caressed it with water 

until tiny white bubbles 

covered up the dent in 

slippery white freckles


But it appeared once again 

as the foam washed off 


I looked at it closely 

to whisper a sorry

it looked right back  

in a lopsided grin


That's when I noticed

this little pink blob

was carrying the dents

from all of the drops


3 comments:

  1. An unsuspecting allegory if there was ever one hiding in a bar of soap :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto to what Anannya said. With what ease you've crafted something that is simple and yet profound at once.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So simple and fun on the surface but it says so much. Thank you for this!

    ReplyDelete