Sunday, April 5, 2026

Lessons

This is what I've learned - of sorrow

If not today, for sure tomorrow


Joy is wondrous bright though brief

yet will outweigh our sodden grief 


Hearts that break are made like bone

to mend. Better that than hearts of stone


When you're young you get thing wrong

that's the way to grow up strong


The earth will turn without your care

So why not just stand and stare?


Why not find time to rhyme?

Bad poetry is not a crime


Remind yourself, as morning breaks

Only the dead make no mistakes


Dance to every song

Life is short, death is long






4 comments:

  1. Thank you. I will read it whenever I am too scared to make a mistake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely.. especially the last couplet

    ReplyDelete
  3. stunning. So simple and so deep as the best truths are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this - joy is wondrous ... and will outweigh our sodden grief.

    ReplyDelete