Thursday, April 2, 2026

GOLD WITHOUT A GLAZE

It's fashionable to hate the world.

To be a cynic, get banners unfurled.

Bitterness comes easy when you seek it.

When you live it, your senses are dulled.


To hate the world is fashionable these days.

When dictators reign, everything's a haze.

Hope’s only a mirage, an elusive blur

True fight takes mettle, gold without a glaze.


It's fashionable to hate the world you see.

Because of despots who don't like one to be free.

To endure and endeavour are acts of courage.

Wresting freedom takes time. A slow climb on a tree.

6 comments:

  1. Exactly. You have put in words what I (and I am sure others too) are feeling and not finding the words to say. Thank you for writing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The repetition and whole poem.. work so well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Charu. I struggle with rhyming, so your comment is reassuring. :-)

      Delete