Sunday, April 19, 2026

Arteries


Whenever I have looked at you

glass between us

your brown skin on fire

sweat beads glistening 

work worn muscles

skin dulled by dust 


Whenever I have looked at you

busy on my computer

from a cafe window or

across the parking lot or

through my balcony doors 

no time to spare


You who till the land so I grow

you who bring the water so I bathe

you who mine the fuel so I cook

you who catch the fish so I eat

however I try to look at us

arteries everywhere


4 comments:

  1. Looking through a glass window at those we are connected in the organ of the heart. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto to what Anannya said. Lovely work, Gangotryi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful. The last stanza is really the reminder to gratitude. Thank you for this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the depictions of connection in this poem... So well written

    ReplyDelete