- Write about what you are seeing outside your window. - Prompt
I see this prompt and think, the gall!
What about the ones who do not have windows?
The ones stuck on desks or cubicles!?
Then I realize we too have windows,
infinitely better windows at that,
We can look at anything on them.
Trees, people, birds, animals; whichever ones we want
Has it all, we can also listen to whatever we want
you hear the birds chirping, but also pots clanging
I can also read something,
watch something,
write something,
learn something,
You shout to your neighbhour through your window?
Well with my window I can talk to anyone in the whole wide world who is willing
Even if nobody wants to there are plenty of other things to do.
With my window I can do whatever I want;
Why I would ever leave.
What an interesting way to interpret the prompt! Though I guess the question is, are you describing what you see outside your window, or through your window?
ReplyDeleteMicrosoft Windows should pay you some money for this poem 😁
ReplyDelete"You shout to your neighbour through your window?" This is the beginning of a whole new poem.
ReplyDelete