I am silver I am gold I am
Memories you can hold
I am tarnished revarnished I
Am stains that you thought
Banished I am imprinted
With happiness and fears
Laid down in layers over
Accumulating years. I
Have lain in corners gleaming
Waiting to be seen as something
More than a pretty taking up
Of space, knowing my place.
I may have been bought I
May have been gifted but I
Guess it’s not as if I’ve lifted
More than my share. Things
Have rested on me some more
Than I thought I could bear but
Here I am nevertheless and
To be honest I confess I’m glad
That I’ve been kept through
All the times we laughed and
Wept. I wouldn’t have asked
For less.
The rhythm of this poem! And the voice <3
ReplyDeletethe rhythm is something I concentrated on in this one, Charu, thanks for noticing!
Delete