Sunday, April 9, 2023

THE NEXT TIME YOU SEE ME

The next time you see me, I'll

have a whiter head. As you know,

the silvering shock will be a sign

of the wisdom I would have lately 

amassed. Of discovering 

the extraordinary value of doing nothing. 

 

You'll  learn from me how to devise 

an anti-deadline schedule and stick

to it. I'll carry in me as well the silence

of a garden in wait for springtime,

the next time you see me. 

As the snow within me melts with

turtle poise, my sun-kissed skin

will cash in on the insurance

policy of a protracted winter.


The next time you see me, tea time

and the judiciousness of hour-less

chats will determine my choice of

friendships. The smelly world of

responsibilities would have made

way for peaceful failures

the next time you see me.

4 comments:

  1. Enjoyed the poem. 'extraordinary value of doing nothing' exquisite.
    Anti deadline schedule ❣️ hour-less chats- this poem absolutely communes with me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Indhu! Kindred spirits, we Daily Riyaazdaars are. :)

      Delete
  2. Love the imagery and language.. relate to it so much.. (loving my greying hair)

    ReplyDelete