Thursday, April 13, 2023

Sides

I remember being burnt by snow,

the first time I touched it.

My small fingers learnt early

the common language of fire and ice –

pain.

In the slivers of a lost moon

the trembling dawn shyly ties itself.

You never know what you’ll find

on the other side of time.

I am a placid sheet of non-doing

between hope and loss,

Having learnt, full circles breathe back

into being full stops.

 

Love is the shiny coin

you found in the street

and discovered, it was of another country.

You’re poor all over again!

When you point to the nectar,

I know what I must drink first.

There’s no escaping venom.

If it doesn’t come from a poisoned kiss,

it will rise from our veins,

into an azure mind.

 

The new moon waits with a hidden love,

Daring wings to embrace

the magic of darkness.

4 comments:

  1. Having learnt, full circles breathe back into being full stops.

    Love this line fully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Love is the shiny coin
    you found in the street
    and discovered, it was of another country.
    You’re poor all over again!"

    This is so stunning, Harry. Powerful thought and powerful imagery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Sameen! So happy to be writing together with you!

    ReplyDelete