It’s true that fog wrapped the buildings in its embrace
sweated the windows and lapped the necks
of every person in the city who was out and about today.
I’m sorry about that―but you made me hot.
And the darkness of the day? I closed my eyes
and the whole city closed its eyes with me.
But the rain was not my fault.
sweated the windows and lapped the necks
of every person in the city who was out and about today.
I’m sorry about that―but you made me hot.
And the darkness of the day? I closed my eyes
and the whole city closed its eyes with me.
But the rain was not my fault.
আবহাওয়ার খবর: কুয়াশাচ্ছন্, বৃষ্টি আর অন্ধকার
এটা সত্যি যে কুয়াশা তার আলিঙ্গনে ঘিরেছিল বাড়িগুলোকে
জানলায় ঘমা এঁকেছিল আর এ শহরের প্রত্যেকের ঘাড় পেঁচিয়ে
ঘুরেছিল, যারা আজ বাইরে ঘোরাঘুরি করতে বেরিয়েছিল তাদের।
আমার অন্যায় হয়েছে - কিন্তু তুমি আমায় উত্তপ্ত করেছ।
আর দিনের বেলার অন্ধকার? আমি চোখ বুজেছিলুম
আর গোটা শহর আমার সঙ্গে চোখ বুজে রয়েছিল।
কিন্তু বৃষ্টিপাতের দোষ সে আমার নয়।
link to the original poem: https://www.thrushpoetryjournal.com/may-2012-annette-marie-hyder.html
What an intense poem. And I loved your verb choices in Bangla
ReplyDelete