Black --
The colour of the coffee I drink,
Of the night that refuses to sleep,
Of a t-shirt that I wear in a dream.
The colour of the coffee I drink,
Of the night that refuses to sleep,
Of a t-shirt that I wear in a dream.
White --
The colour of the cup,
Of the moon that rises up,
Only to set in the creases of my t-shirt.
Black --
The colour of a failed chiaroscuro.
The tip of a pencil pressed
Hard against paper.
An impression that swallows all light.
An impression that swallows all light.
White --
The colour of an eraser.
A blank canvas.
Friction.
Impressions of the pencil remain.
Impressions of the pencil remain.
An outline.
The dream -- fades
The t-shirt -- remains.
The t-shirt -- remains.
"Rahiman dhaaga prem ka na todo chatkaaye,
Tode se firi na judey, judey gaanth par jaye."
Beautiful! An impression that swallows all light... love that image
ReplyDeleteThank you so much!
DeleteSo incredible, Sayantan! I particularly loved the images of the pencil impressions and that of the moon setting in the creases of your T-shirt. The structure also reminds me of Red and Black, one of my favourite songs from Les Miserables.
Delete