Friends forgive me graciously.
Y says it is okay if my poems
are flat. If I fail at badminton
serve, my sister shows me
how to do it right. I put my
guard down and tell my
childhood friend I’ve forgotten
how to be myself; she comes
over with ice cream and
flowers. B sends me voice
notes between his chores
when he knows I can’t do
it anymore. T lets me cry in
the car and still believes in
me. My friends let me fail
and still love me. So this is
not the poem, they are.
Y says it is okay if my poems
are flat. If I fail at badminton
serve, my sister shows me
how to do it right. I put my
guard down and tell my
childhood friend I’ve forgotten
how to be myself; she comes
over with ice cream and
flowers. B sends me voice
notes between his chores
when he knows I can’t do
it anymore. T lets me cry in
the car and still believes in
me. My friends let me fail
and still love me. So this is
not the poem, they are.
What a blessed and beautiful poem
ReplyDeleteWhat a blessed and beautiful life, Charu. :)
Delete