I read about the politics of loneliness and stir
a teaspoon of sorrow in my tea. Do you get to
feel alone and have it called an epidemic? Do
I get to feel alone and have myself be deigned
an old hag? I want to fail spectacularly at life,
be free of the lingering hope that it will turn
out like everyone else’s. You, of your perfectly
designed life events; me, of my unorganised
existence I carry around in sustainable tote bags.
How can our loneliness be similar, scampering
around old bars in cities, flirting with each other
when they meet? How can your loneliness tell
mine that it is a mirror, a friend, a deep well in
a far corner of the black forest? Why would it
ask my loneliness to hold hands and escape the
darkness? Mine is older, has been in love before,
and lost. What do you know of losing? You are a
study in human psychology. I am a memoir of a
woman, unfortunate. You are a research paper.
I am an old wive’s tale.
a teaspoon of sorrow in my tea. Do you get to
feel alone and have it called an epidemic? Do
I get to feel alone and have myself be deigned
an old hag? I want to fail spectacularly at life,
be free of the lingering hope that it will turn
out like everyone else’s. You, of your perfectly
designed life events; me, of my unorganised
existence I carry around in sustainable tote bags.
How can our loneliness be similar, scampering
around old bars in cities, flirting with each other
when they meet? How can your loneliness tell
mine that it is a mirror, a friend, a deep well in
a far corner of the black forest? Why would it
ask my loneliness to hold hands and escape the
darkness? Mine is older, has been in love before,
and lost. What do you know of losing? You are a
study in human psychology. I am a memoir of a
woman, unfortunate. You are a research paper.
I am an old wive’s tale.
"I am a memoir of a woman, unfortunate!"
ReplyDelete*chef's kiss*
Life, as a microcosm, has the unfortunate ability to magnify or diminish one's innermost lies and truths at the most uncomfortable of times isn't it.