Friday, April 19, 2024

11. Dreams

Dreams are strange and elusive things, but not for everyone, I’ve found.

Some are born with them, some seem to find them lying around.

Some, like bats, find them when they listen to what they hear.

Others never find them. I might be one of them, I fear.

Without a dream, I floundered; I needed other, wiser people to steer

The ship of my life as it floated on its uncertain career

Down the raging, rapid river of cruel chance, kismet, causality and confusion.

I was raised by Healers (themselves born with dreams) with this illusion:

I longed to be a Healer with every fibre of my heart.

I knew (I was told) what I wanted from the very start.

My faith in the Holy would never waver, never falter, never fail.

They were wrong. For whoever reads this, this is my sorry tale.

No comments:

Post a Comment