Friday, April 12, 2024

CLEARANCE SALE

I’ve decided to move on.

The sign’s up – CLEARANCE SALE

 

Salt jar.

Packed memories -

rough, raw, uniodised.

Use it to make a salt lamp,

with a slow burn.

Every night, I’ll come laughing

to the shore of your dreams.

 

Ornate shawl.

I know its summer now.

But winter eventually comes,

if you live long enough.

Then the pattern will call your fingers

to the warmth of a velvet belonging.

The comfort of your grandmother’s lap

waits to wrap you, with a baby’s sleep.

Your heart will beat home again.

 

Shoes.

Not stilettoes.

Strong leather boots,

bought on a hill I loved.

Worn a little, climbed so high,

I could catch songs

from prayer flags

Clinging sacred dust, holding blessings

of selfless priests,

Meant for difficult, lonely paths.

 

Porcelain cup

With a blue checked saucer,

bought chipped.

Brokenness holding warmth,

like the father with a fractured heart,

keeping a cracked family together,

because it could still hold love.

 

Tell me what you want and

what you are willing to pay for.


- Harvinder

1 comment: