spin around, darling, dance with me
the harp, the flute, the violin
a waltz is easy - one, two, three
moving through this ballroom, we
forget what’s next or where we’ve been
spin around, darling, dance with me
I may not know you, but you see,
in this embrace we're almost kin
a waltz is easy - one, two, three
we move in wordless unity.
I bask in your laugh as I twirl you in
spin around, darling, dance with me
the music slows and so do we
moving closer, skin on skin
a waltz is easy - one, two, three
we step a footwork filigree.
before this ends, will you spin,
spin around, darling, dance with me?
a waltz is easy - one, two, three
Saturday, April 5, 2025
ballroom (villanelle)
Labels:
zefeni
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love the rhythm of this!
ReplyDeletewhat a lovely theme for a villanelle - it has such a dancey schema to it anyway! I've always wanted to write one but can't seem to manage it. This is inspiring :)
ReplyDeletereally enjoyed reading this!
ReplyDeletePretty much the perfect villanelle. So happy to read a formal poem from you!
ReplyDelete