Saturday, September 16, 2023

What bees know

Is there a way to reach the end of thought

to see the yellow flowers and not say

goldenrod, both 'gold' and 'rod' so fraught

with meaning? Can 'sun' and 'moon' light the day

and night without becoming metaphors?

If a god appears, can I unknow which one

no name, no how and why, and just adore

the feet, or whatever my eye lands on?

Meanwhile, these panicles of gold alive

with insects exude their nectar, the field

abuzz with what to me almost looks like

ecstasy. If only I could stop words, yield

the pen, the page to the sunlit hour

watch the poem unwrite itself. Flower.

2 comments:

  1. If want to Generate Hyperlink for Blogger Comment, then visit this free tool.
    It's very easy and totally Free
    👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻
    Hyperlink Generator Copy And Paste Tool

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you used the sonnet form to express such a poignantly beautiful desire to inhabit the experience of the bee and the kind of immediacy of experience that that might offer, which language and culture might be keeping from us at arm's length. So much to unpack!

    ReplyDelete