Sunday, September 10, 2023

September ghazal


Autumn clematis always knows - it's fall

Milky Way of scented stars shows - it's fall


Petals of the rose, leaves that turn 

to gold, like sunset, glow, then fall


Those summer days that never end

have flown, soon winter's blow will fall


Savour grapes left on the vine

and peaches, picked before they fall


Nectar on the tongue, sun distilled

like honey drips, overflows and falls


The notes of songs I used to sing

rise up, then low and slow, they fall


2 comments:

  1. So beautiful GK. I so miss the north american fall. Though getting used to the Chennai fall - synonymous with rain fall as you know. I love the flowy-glowy quality of this ghazal. (Is this your first?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely is this. I smiled at every couplet. I feel like writing a ghazal myself after reading this, but I'm envious of how effortless yours appears to be.

    ReplyDelete